The Institute of Culture of Barcelona (Institut de Cultura de Barcelona – ICUB) organized on Friday Quina innovació en cultura volem?, a round table to discuss and deliberate on the innovation culture which has to be boosted by the Barcelona City Council and the citizenship. The event, held at Canòdrom-Parc de Recerca Creativa, included different cross-disciplinary sessions on art, science, technology and society:
- Art and technology with Monica Bello and José Luis de Vicente.
- Open digital Heritage with Vanina Hofman and Sonia Espí.
- Cultural Design with Mara Balestrini and Jaron Rowan.
- Communities and participation with Elisabet Roselló and me.
- Science and Technology with Irene Lapuente and Pau Alsina.
- Architecture and city planning with Ethel Baraona and David Bravo.
In my session about Communities and participation, I presented the reflections on the collaborative development of the strategic city planning (Pla d’Actuació Municipal) in Decidim Barcelona. In particular, results indicated that proposals in which collaboration played a key role were more likely to be accepted proposals defined by individual citizens.